Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in soft beige
My hunt for the perfect foundation is an endless one. I have always yearned for a foundation with light to medium coverage, that gives a healthy glow and lasts all day. You may not think it’s much to ask for, but you would be surprised how many times one application of foundation has left me looking like I’ve applied it with a trowel. Not a good look. While I’ve been a fan of MAC’s Mineralise Skinfinish Foundation and Revlon Photofinish for a while now, I am tightening my purse strings and have been on the look out for a cheaper alternative. Rimmel’s new Wake me Up foundation has received a lot of buzz online and after reading numerous positive reviews I felt it was time to give it a go. Latetly I’ve been absolutely knackered and anything that promises to wake me up seemed perfect for my tired-looking skin. The foundation retails at £12 in boots and claims: 100% poreless coverage instantly eliminating signs of tiredness and lifting skin from fatigue, but did it live up to its promises?
I have been using the foundation in the shade soft beige for a week and I’m delighted with the results. The foundation has an almost gel-like consistency and applies just as well with your fingertips as with a foundation brush – providing great coverage and an almost flawless finish without looking caked on. The shade is a perfect match for my skin but keep in mind that when choosing a shade that the foundation is slightly darker than usual so make sure to test it before purchasing!
Have you tried this foundation yet? Would love to hear how you’ve found it?
* PACKAGING: I think the yellow tube is super cute, though I find it looks a bit cheap-looking, but I don’t really care about that, since I’m not going to wear the packaging on my lashes.
* MY EXPECTATIONS: Before I tried this, I expected quite a lot from this, because of all the THE good reviews. I expected it to give a lot of volume and no clumps.
* WHAT IT CLAIMS TO DO: Up to 7x more volume instanly – in just one coat Generate with no clumps.
* VOLUMIZING AND LENGTHENING: Volumizing? Uhm.. yes, but not as much as I expected. Lengthening? Yes, definitely!
* SEPARATION: The separation is amazing! No clumps, no spider-legs, no nothing!
* THE BRUSH: I love the Ultra-mild brush! It’s big and feathery, and it’s just perfect!
* OVERALL: I looooove the look it gives me! My lashes gets super long with medium volume. They’re also soft to the feel. You can create a natural look with one coat, and with 2-3 coats you’ll get dramatic, long and thick lashes!
Maybelline NY Colour Sensational Lipstick In Shade Rosy Dream 109
love the packaging. The lipstick bullet is set in a silver base which is covered by a pink, reflective, translucent lid. You can see the lipstick shade through the top of the lid, or from the colour of the sticker on the base underside.
They are very lightweight, perfect for keeping a few in your handbag.
The shades and colours available are varied enough to suit most peoples tastes and skin tones. As you will see from my swatch above this colour was very light and shiny,
Speaking of formula, I loved it. They are a glossy lipstick so they are smooth and apply easily. They are technically a sheer lipstick but the pigments are so rich that it doesn’t take much to get a good pop of colour.
The wear time for these ranged from 2hrs (Rosy Dream) . Light pink never lasts long on me!
really like how these make my lips look. The glossy type finish isn’t sticky in anyway. Instead it looks more like really healthy, supple, shiny lips.
there is a low-density fruity scent that lingers for a few minutes, but it isn’t overly offensive. Only those with a highly sensitive nose might want to give them a miss, brought this from boots for £5.99
I thought this lipstick was okay and loved the packaging but not a lipstick I would rave about!.
Have you tried any of these lipsticks?
Thanks for reading!