So what is everyone planning for Valentine’s day? most Valentines evenings we mostly stay in either order a takeaway or cook a nice meal, We are both usually at work in the day. To be honest I have never really been a massive fan of Valentine’s day I believe in making an effort in a relationship and going on dates all year not just on Valentine’s day.
Also no offence but once you have one tatty valentines day teddy you really don’t need anymore, I think the shops are full of tat for Valentine’s day and I don’t have the room for it! I would much rather either not do presents or receive something that I either need or something that would be useful.
I would say flowers are always a winner and you cant go wrong with them, but the other gifts in the shops I’m really not a fan. I think valentines day has been made into such a big event, people end up spending a fortune on expensive gifts and dinners out, I think the day is great for the food business and of course the card shops.
My top tips for staying in this Valentine’s day,
- A nice meal or a good take out!
- snacks or have a dessert planned.
- Pick a good movie or tv series one that you both would agree on.
- Bring the duvet down or get a comfy blanket with nice cushions.
- Have nice flowers on the table either real or you can get some great Artificial flowers from Amara that would also be great for Instagram photos!
- Light candles and set the mood.
- Either get comfy clothes on or make an effort to dress up.
- Give each other a massage.
- Have a pamper night with a bath or face masks.
- Have a no phone evening, this really would be bliss!
The Below Flowers Cote Noire Roses come in such a pretty box that you can have as a keepsake, they also come with a perfume spray to spray on the roses to make them smell like roses and last longer. The flowers come in Ivory, Blush, Pink. They come in a glass vase and will also look great with a flat lay! And just £40 for such a lovely keepsake, they really fill the room with a lovely scent.
This Sequined Silver cushion from Amara would be perfect for setting the scene for a perfect comfy romantic night in, currently on sale for £17.50 they are out of stock in silver but they still have the same cushion in pink left.
And if you’re still looking for decor ideas for the perfect night in this Valentine’s day take a look at The LuxPad, I love the home decor they have created the pink pillows and candles look perfect on the bedside table.
*What do you think about valentines day? Do you stay in or go out?
Lots Of Love,