I thought would share my top tips on saving money on your weekly food shopping bill, I’m always looking for new ways to spend less. I shop around when buying to make sure that I have found the cheapest price, I look for vouchers, discount codes or items that are in the sale.
I love finding a good bargain! like the feeling when you manage to get to the fridge in a shop and see all the yellow label food! I often stock up then and freeze food if I’m not going to eat the food that day. I compare my utility bills, cards, and shop around often will search several sites before making a purchase. I heard a saying before that really makes sense now I’m older ‘ look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves’.
- Bulk cook meals.
- Look for yellow label food.
- half price items and offers.
- Stock up on offers.
- Bulk buy at food suppliers like Costco.
- Supermarket own brand.
- Online offers.
- Buy frozen fresh food like Fruit and Vegetables as they will last longer.
- Use leftovers and freeze the food.
- Don’t shop on an empty stomach.
- Try cheaper supermarkets like Aldi or Lidl.
- Keep an eye on what you’re buying.
- Only buy what you need.
- Convenience stores/ petrol station can often cost more than the supermarket.
- Beware of BOGOF can often end up buying offers you don’t need.
- Write a shopping list.
- Buy wonky vegetables you can often save a lot of money and they are still fine to use.
- Shop online for deals like Dishwasher tablets you can save a fortune as they can be expensive.
I thought I would share with you my last top tip for saving money! A website that I often browse for freebies, there are so many great freebies items that I use anyway. You do receive a sample/trial size but if its an item you use anyway then you have still saved, also its a good opportunity to try something new and for free! Some of the current freebies on the website are mouthwash, Murad Serum, Easter Eggs and many more!
*How do you save money? do you look for yellow labels or look for offers?
Lots Of Love,